Microstructured Precision Optics
Optical microstructured products are characterized by having at least one structured surface. These surfaces may have straight or curved profiles with constant or random spacing, and vary from microns to millimeters in dimension. They can be linear, circular, or have no uniform pattern at all. Finally, the requirements of the concrete application always decide the shape and configuration of the microstructured surface in its use for an efficient Management of Light®.
Using plastic microstructured optical components offers many advantages over conventional optical products. This is especially true for
- more efficient use of energy and light
- almost unlimited flexibility in optical design
- additional optical design freedom by using aspheres including discontinuous surfaces
- ease in manufacucturing of extremely high-aperture (fast) elements and large-area optical components
- significant reduction in thickness and weight